Position Title: C4I Network and Systems Engineer (Code 551)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a C4I Network Engineer
, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. Our C4I Network Engineer
will provide network engineering and management support to Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific Code 55111 to fulfill the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Unmanned Aviation Program Office (PMA 268) Unmanned Carrier Aviation (UCA) requirements focusing on shore network design, development, and testing, and air, shore and ship network integration and testing to ensure network functionality meets UCA and higher requirements to ensure mission effectiveness for the MQ-25 Stingray. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a C4I Network Engineer
, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide systems engineering and subject matter expertise for network and communications systems in support of the Unmanned Carrier Aviation Mission Control System (UMCS) research, engineering and C4I integration efforts with NAVWAR Programs of Record and supporting systems.
- Support development of the MD-5D (ashore control station) Internet Protocol (IP) transport system requirements and specifications compatible with Navy Tactical Networks/ Automated Digital Network System (ADNS).
- Provide systems engineering and network engineering support for development of MD-5D shore control station with particular emphasis on MD-5D’s interfaces with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)/USN IP transport (hardware, interfaces, protocol requirements, cyber security, encryption, etc.).
- Provide technical support for planning, installing, and integrating MD-5D shore Fixed Control Sites at Navy operational bases in Continental United States (CONUS) and overseas.
- Capture integration requirements and initiate Service Requests to support MD-5D and MQ-25 integration with existing ashore infrastructure for C4I systems/services. Our Network Engineer will participate in Test & Evaluation events for the MD-5D series including at-sea and flight test evolutions.
- Provide technical recommendations in support of integration into Naval operational IP transport paths such as the Naval Communications Naval Operations Center (NCTAMS/NOC) “live” circuits to support Preliminary Sea Trial events.
- Support network design, testing, deployment, and maintenance of PMA-268 UCA mission control stations in support of program objectives, and support integration with DISA infrastructure, integration testing, shore installation, and systems development required to deliver UMCS products.
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Meet DoN Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce program requirements for Cyber IT Specialty Area 441, “Network Operations Specialist”.
- Experience with IP Transport Routing and Switching architectures in a Cisco network environment.
- At least 8 years experience with DoD Information Systems
- At least 3+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer and at least 8 years of experience with NAVWAR networks
- At least 3+ years’ experience with Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
- A Bachelor’s of Science – Information Systems
- Experience designing, configuring and operating enterprise-level cybersecurity architectures, and using tools such as:
- Microsoft's ISA and TMG Firewall Servers
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (HBSS) including McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention (HIP), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Application Blocking, Virus Scan Enterprise (VSE), Asset Baseline Monitor (ABM), Policy Management, and threat analysis
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Retina Security Scanner, DISA Platinum/Gold, DISA SCAP,
- Symantec Endpoint Version 11, and Symantec Mail Filter for MS Exchange
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- System Administrator certifications on current Operating Systems in wide use on Naval platforms. Specifically:
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, etc.
- Windows Clients
- Virtualization environments such as VMware or Microsoft's Hyper-V
- Linux/UNIX OSes such as Redhat
- Masters of Science – Information technology, or Network Management
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Network Management, or Information Sytems
This position requires a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.