Position Title: Information Systems Security Engineer (Code 532)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. Our ISSE will assist in the progressing of the Maritime Global Command and Control System-Maritime (GCCS-M) Family of Systems (MGF) Authority To Operate (ATO) packages through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process supporting Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific Code 532 – the MGF Software Support Activity. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As an ISSE
, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the management, development, and progressing of Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages through the Assessment and Accreditation (A&A) process and ultimately achieve Authority to Operate (ATP) approval from the Navy Approving Office (NAO) for MGF programs.
- Assist with the transitioning of previously approved or processed DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) packages to Risk Management Framework (RMF) as implemented by the Department of the Navy.
- Draft Risk Management Framework (RMF) Memoranda for the Record (MFR) as part of the Change Management Process including revised network diagrams, Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS) scan results, System Technical Information Guides (STIG) checklists and hardware and software lists are updated, compiled, and entered into the review process.
- Perform ACAS security scans on all network assets as part of the network vulnerability management process.
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Demonstrated experience with Information Assurance tools such as Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS), ACAS, and Security Content Automation Protocols (SCAP) scans.
- Working knowledge and ability to train others on eMASS, DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Process, and Federal Information Assurance Management Act (FISMA) Process
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of DoD Computer Network Defense (CND) policy and requirements and have cursory familiarity with CND tools and processes (e.g. network scanners; vulnerability mitigation; remediation; risk management).
- Working understanding of secure software development and assessment.
- Working knowledge of government processes and practices involved with safeguarding classified information.
- CompTIA Security +, and DoD Instruction 8570 IAT Level II certification.
- 3 years of experience in Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework, including ACAS scans and STIG application, network security, and understanding of the RMF workflow process.
- Navy Qualified Validator (Level I)
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- 5 years of experience in Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework processes, and management of A&A processes to achieve ATO’s
- Navy Qualified Validator Level II
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, specializing in Information Assurance, Systems Engineering, Network Architecture and Design, or related field of study.
This position requires a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.