Position Title: Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (Code 551)
Full Time (Temporarily work remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
to support the development of procedures and processes to ensure the Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) networks for the Navy’s Unmanned Carrier Aviation platform, the MQ-25 Stingray, meets all Defense Department, Navy, Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), and Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) cybersecurity requirements. The ideal candidate will have expertise in DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and related efforts, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) processes across multiple platforms which will facilitate the development of C4I networks in the program.
As a Senior ISSE
, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a Cybersecurity team; provide guidance and oversight throughout RMF A&A activities and lifecycles.
- Perform security categorization based on the impact due to loss of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Select security controls based on security categorization.
- Develop strategy for continuous monitoring to ensure acceptable security control is enforced.
- Direct and/or perform risk/threat assessment for systems undergoing A&A efforts.
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Strong network security background. Experience as a network architect/engineer desired.
- CCNA certification (or CCNA Security) desired.
- CompTIA Security + certification (or equivalent) in accordance with DODINST 8570.01 (Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program) or SECNAVINST M-5239.2 (Cybersecurity Information Technology and Cybersecurity Workforce Management and Qualification Manual).
- Experience with implementing best practices for secure software development.
- Experience with implementation of cryptographic equipment (HAIPE systems) desired
- Experience supporting aviation systems, or unmanned systems desired
- Hands-on experience supporting Navy Risk Management Framework as an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) including understanding system categorization, control selection, and control implementation. Familiarity with NAVAIR Authorizing Official processes will be considered a plus.
- Navy Qualified Validator (Level II); with at least three (3) years’ experience in performing validator functions in a DoD environment utilizing DoD approved accreditation methods.
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800-53, FIPS 199, SP 800-39, and related policies.
- Knowledge and access to NIPR and SIPR eMASS applications.
- Knowledge and experience with A&A tools including STIG Viewer, ACAS, SCAP, and Vulnerator
- Understanding of communication systems, network protocols, encryption, network devices, operating systems, applications, virtual systems, and databases.
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- 5-7 years of experience in Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework processes, and management of A&A processes to achieve ATO’s
- Cybersecurity certification in any of the following: Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (or Associate), or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Leadership Certification (GSLC).
- Navy Qualified Validator Level III
- 5-7 years as a Systems Engineer (Information Systems Security Engineer) working on a Cybersecurity based program in the DoD, specifically NAVWAR, or NAVWAR Information Center Pacific (NIWC PAC)
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist in the execution of engineering objectives which mirror the immediate needs of NIWC Pacific Code 532.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, specializing in Information Assurance, Systems Engineering, Network Architecture and Design, or related field of study.
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, specializing in Information Assurance, Systems Engineering, Network Architecture and Design, or related field of study.
This position requires a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.