Position Title: Contracts Administrator
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
TRABUS is looking for a Contracts Administrator
who will assist TRABUS’ Director of Contracts and Finance in the day to day functions of the Contracts department. Our Contracts Administrator
will help to develop proposal submissions, draft and submit invoices, and assist in responding to sub-contractor queries concerning contract awards and administration. TRABUS is looking for an individual seeking to develop disruptive technologies, someone willing to go beyond expectations and make a true difference.
As a Contracts Administrator
, your responsibilities will include:
- Serves as a point of contact for the subcontractor suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and interpret contractual and cost documents; review and code subcontractor invoices.
- Process contractual actions and related correspondence. Maintain and update contract electronic files.
- Financial tracking and status/deliverable reporting; distribute weekly reports.
- Proposal preparation and submission.
- Exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Provide proposal support by reviewing solicitation, assessing FAR/DFAR requirements, and drafting response to include all pricing, assumptions and exceptions
- Administer and monitor contract performance
- Conduct the negotiation and administration of agreements between the company/customers/subcontractors/vendors ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for reviewing contract solicitation terms, handling contract award confirmations, interpreting agreement terms and conditions and identifying potential issues, reviewing agreement amendments / modifications and incorporating changes
- Review contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements; identify risks and areas of concern on contract terms and conditions and provide contractual advice, guidance and support to the Contract Lead/Program and Operations Managers
- Respond to inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Participate in meetings and discussions with Senior Management, Program Managers and peers as required
- Provide fulfillment of contract deliverables, billings and cash collections
- Prepare and analyze major price proposals
- Prepare and negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements
- Monitor contract performance and cost controls and ensure compliance with contract terms
- Prepare domestic and international consultant/sales representative agreements and other contractual agreements
- Assist with subcontract negotiation and management
You will be a good fit if you have the following experience, qualifications, or certifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in defense contracting
- Highly competent in use of Microsoft Excel
- Comprehensive contracting knowledge and experience in a DoD environment required
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR and supplements. BA/BS and/or other relevant contracting certifications highly desirable.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to obtain and maintain Defense security clearance.
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas, or additional certifications/education:
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience with the Navy or Navy contracting procedures
- Contract Management certification
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- BA or BS in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Management, or Accounting
This position requires you to have the ability to get and maintain a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.