Position Title: Signal Processing Systems Engineer
Full Time Position (Work remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is looking for a Signal Processing Systems Engineer
who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. TRABUS is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
Our Signal Processing Systems Engineer
will have an opportunity to develop cutting-edge technologies that solve some of our nation's most critical national security challenges; and will be responsible for the development and implementation of Software Defined Radio (SDR) based software to solve very challenging communications problems. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Signal Processing Systems Engineer
, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop demodulation and detection algorithms for detection, classification, and characterization of target signals, including Interference cancellation, equalization, cyclo-stationary techniques, cellular communications systems, modern modulation schemes, coding theory and techniques, geo-location concepts and techniques
- Develop proof-of-concept implementations for signal processing and communications projects
- Develop algorithms and statistical methods for analysis of a wide variety of data sources
- Develop advanced tracking and acquisition algorithms for field-acquired signal datasets
- Assist in the definition and execution of data acquisition field tests
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- At least 5 years signal analysis and modern communications signals (e.g. spread spectrum) experience
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing and experience with modulation techniques (CDMA, SOQPSK, PCM/FM, OFDM, etc.), signal acquisition, demodulation, filtering and signal analysis.
- Experience in signal analysis software development with experience with several of the following software tools: C++, MATLAB, Python, GNU Radio, REDHAWK, X-Midas.
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- Demonstrated expertise and capability in scientific programming with C, C++, MATLAB, Python, or similar high-level language on Windows and/or Unix/Linux.
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- B.S or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or other equivalent field of discipline
This position requires the candidate to be a U.S. Citizen, and the ability to get a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
TRABUS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.