Position Title: Data Visualization and Web Developer
San Diego, CA
Compensation dependent on education and experience
Trabus Technologies (TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a Data Visualization and Web Developer, who can join the Trabus team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining data-driven visual analytics dashboards and web-based application systems. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Data Visualization and Web Developer, your responsibilities will include:
· Integration of existing data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI)-based models to interactive, data-driven dashboards
· Implementation of front-end visualization components for web and mobile applications, including implementation of secure, user-authenticated web applications.
· Design and development of secure web-services in partnership with our backend team to expose and consume big data sources
· Utilization of scalable and interactive user interface (UI) / user experience (UX) components and frameworks including use of secure protocols and strong authentication
· Develop visualization workflows and monitoring solutions for analyzing big data infrastructure, processes and application logs
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
· Ability to develop enterprise-grade web and mobile apps.
· Strong understanding and use of map-based APIs such as Mapbox.js and Leaflet.js and charting libraries such as d3.js, eCharts and Highcharts.
· Ability to develop web-services and applications using technologies such as Node, Tornado, Flask and Django.
· Skilled in wireframing/prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision, or Figma.
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these additional areas:
· Familiarity with logging and monitoring tools such as Grafana and Kibana and experience in developing customizations using visual analytics tools such as Tableau or Looker will be a plus.
· Desire at least one year of demonstrated experience with designing and implementing an enterprise-grade web application that utilizes strong data science skills including use of data query operations from either relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) or document-based NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis) and use of data ingest services and microservices in self-contained containers (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker).
· Master’s degree in engineering, science, business or other related quantitative field
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, business or other related quantitative field required.
This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to qualify for a Department of Defense security clearance. To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/ and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.