Position Title: Human Systems Interface (HSI) Technical Warrant Holder (TWH) Support
Part Time (Temporarily work remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for an experienced manager who can provide Human Systems Interface (HSI) Technical Warrant Holder (TWH) Support
, and join our team to make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. The senior HSI TWH Manager
will support the government HSI Technical Warrant Holder in the Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) Chief Engineer’s Office (NAVWAR 5.0) in standard/specification development; assessment criteria development; Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR); and support efforts in review of acquisition programs efforts regarding human performance. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a senior level HSI TWH Support
for the NAVWAR 5.0 Chief Engineer’s HSI TWH, your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct independent assessments for HSI at technical events (e.g., systems engineering technical reviews, milestone decision reviews, certification events, and independent reviews)
- Provide technical leadership for HSI domain area
- Coordinate with technical warrant holders and engineers to oversee, maintain, develop, and implement technical standards pertaining to HSI
- Coordinate/communicate with the Technical Domain Manager, other TWHs, relevant SMEs on matters pertaining to Human Systems Integration
- Maintain Technical Standards
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering, examples include: Systems Engineering plans and processes; Operational Requirements Analysis; Technical review of documentation and test plans; hardware and software engineering documents (i.e. Software Performance Specification (SPS), Software Version Document (SVD), Software Test Procedures (STP), System Test Directive (STD), Software Test Report (STR), System User Manuel (SUM), System Administration Guide (SAG), System/Subsystem Design Document (SSDD), SubSystem Design Document (SDD), Interface Design Document (IDD), Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Platform and System Operational Verification Test (SOVT) and Implementation Plan (IP).)
- Familiarity with the following documents:
- DoDD 5000.01
- DoDI 5000.02
- SECNAVINST 5000.2F
- Defense Acquisition Guidebook (DAG) Chapter 3: Systems Engineering
- OPNAVINST 1000.16
- MIL-STD 1472
- MIL-STD 46855
- SPAWARINST 5401.5
- NAVWAR Engineering and Technical Authority Manual V1.0 of 10 Jul 19
- SECNAVINST 5400.15C
- SPAWARINST 4120.1System solutions, system design and architecture.
- Executing product engineering design and production best practices to ensure reliable program/project quality process controls.
- Determining level of testing required to validate operational concepts to meet operational service functionality requirements, system/product performance specifications, and cyber security controls.
- Acquisition technology gap analysis
- Technology transition plan development
- Technology Readiness Level (TRL) Assessment
- Fleet exercise and demonstration support
- Three (3) years of experience in a program manager support role
- Experience maintaining program calendars and action items
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
- Ability to work well independently, or as a member of a cross functional, dynamic team
- Experience working in Department of Defense and/or Navy programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- 3-5 years of experience in a program manager support role
- Experience working with senior personnel in ACAT I program management offices and organizations
- Experience managing cross functional teams
- DAWIA Program Management qualification
- Master's degree in field listed above desired for Senior level candidates
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Systems Integration, Human Factors Engineering, Organizational psychology, Industrial Engineering, Experimental Psychology, or HSI-related area.
This position requires a fully adjudicated Department of Defense Secret clearance.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.