: Senior Test Engineer
Full Time (Temporarily work remotely during the Coronavirus pandemic)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
TRABUS is looking for a Senior Test Engineer
with a background in supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) and US Navy combat systems. Our Senior Test Engineer
will be responsible for the design and development of test plans, procedures, and results reports. They will contribute to defining technical methods and improvements for present and future interface requirements. TRABUS is looking for an individual seeking to develop disruptive technologies, someone willing to go beyond expectations and make a true difference.
As our Senior Test Engineer
, your responsibilities will include:
- Operate sensors and systems and participate in “hands-on” testing involving Navy platforms.
- Assigned systems include Radar, Identify Friend or Foe (IFF), data links, Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC), Anti-Submarine Warfare/Anti-Surface Warfare (ASW/ASUW) tactics, navigation, communication, armament, ordnance, flight station acoustic or non-acoustic sensors.
- Interact with tactical computers and system computers, acoustic assignments, objectives, and necessary points of emphasis related to proposed enhancements and new capabilities.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Ensure project procedures and controls are followed, manage manning and staffing project efforts, and lead problem resolution efforts.
- Interface with system or program contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of the programs/projects.
You will be a good fit if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- At least Ten (10) years of experience in the engineering field testing DoD aircraft or weapons systems.
- In-depth knowledge of how sensors are used on their resident platforms and sufficient background knowledge and experience to enable the projection of upgraded equipment into future mission requirements.
- Ability to evaluate new or revised software that controls/responds to current hardware; evaluate proposed software that will control new hardware and demonstrated ability to test software
- Ability to analyze solutions, estimate problem impact on mission functions and provide an evaluation on the resulting solution.
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- BS or BA degree in the field of Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Systems Management, Cybersecurity, Mathematics, Physical Science, Physics, Statistics, Engineering Technology, Information Technology or Engineering.
This position requires you to have a fully adjudicated Department of Defense Secret
clearance, and US Citizenship is required.
To apply, go to Careers | Trabus Technologies
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.