Position Title: Computer Engineer
Full Time Position (Work remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is looking for a Computer Engineer
who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. TRABUS is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in, and overcome, our customers’ challenges.
Our Computer Engineer
will have an opportunity to develop cutting-edge technologies that solve some of our nation's most critical national security challenges; and will be responsible for the development and implementation of Software Defined Radio (SDR) based software to solve very challenging communications problems. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Computer Engineer
, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development of a proprietary station to station communications system utilizing COTS and GOTS systems
- Create specific applications that utilize computer camera, display, speakers and microphone to provide two-way audio and video services to an external client via Internet protocols.
- Develop proof-of-concept implementations for signal processing and communications projects
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Experience with Windows or Linux application development
- At least 5 years computer systems and applications development
- Understanding of digital signal processing and experience with modulation techniques, signal acquisition, demodulation, filtering and signal analysis.
- Experience in signal analysis software development with experience with several of the following software tools: C++, MATLAB, Python, GNU Radio, REDHAWK, X-Midas.
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- B.S or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or other equivalent field of discipline
This position requires the candidate to be a U.S. Citizen, and the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
TRABUS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.