Position Title: Satellite Communications Engineer (PMW 146)
Full Time (work remotely as necessary due to COVID-19 pandemic)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in, and overcome, our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Engineer
, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. The SATCOM Engineer
will support the Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) Program Executive Officer (PEO) Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) Communications Satellite Program Office (PMW 146). You will be supporting our prime partner working to support the engineering and testing of the Navy’s satellite, communication and Position, Navigation and Timing systems. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a SATCOM Engineer
for NAVWAR PMW 146, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing or reviewing satellite specifications and advising on acquisition planning
- Monitoring and managing satellite health, anomalies, and service life extension risks/opportunities
- Preparing and executing satellite verification, validation, and test plans
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- 3+ years of satellite engineering experience supporting government and/or commercial satellite systems
- Experience designing, developing or reviewing satellite specifications to utilized in acquisition planning.
- Developing and executing systems’ verification, validation and test plans
- SATCOM system experience with Navy Satellite systems
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- SATCOM system experience or specialized experience working with Navy Satellite Systems
- Direct experience on DoD SATCOM systems Specialized experience designing, developing, or reviewing satellite flight software
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or other related technical discipline
This position requires a fully adjudicated Department of Defense Secret clearance.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.