Position Title: Computer Systems Engineer
Full Time Position
Washington, DC Area (work remotely during COVID-19)
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the Department of Defense, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in, and overcome, our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a Computer Systems Engineer
, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. The Computer Systems Engineer
will design software and integrate operating architecture, and determine the appropriate computer system on which that software will operation. They will support the Advanced Signals and Technology (AST) work at the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Carderock Division (NSWCCD) in West Bethesda, Maryland. The Computer Systems Engineer will apply their knowledge and skillsets, including skills in software engineering support as required for the design, prototyping, and implementation, including software configuration management, of AST products both software integration and testing support at NSWCCD and off-site locations as required to demonstrate that AST products meet specified performance and interface requirements. They will apply COTS integration and custom development expertise in industry standard programming languages to convert functional and technical requirements into business and mission solutions. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Computer Systems Engineer
, your responsibilities will include:
- Support analysis of acoustic data collected by sensors carried by a number of platforms
- Support design, documentation, implementation, and testing of new software capabilities for real-time and/or post-event data processing including acoustic data and/or other associated data types such as tracks, contact reports, etc.
- Build, secure, and configure container images; maintain secure image repositories and deploy containers in various environments from single machine to a scalable cluster deploying current orchestration technologies.
- Provide container orchestration by using, configuring, and troubleshooting Kubernetes and other container orchestration systems specified by the customer.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify technical requirements, architecture, programming and code design specifications.
- Participate in test plan development and support procedures to test the functionality of operational and/or support software.
- Support a configuration management system which provides tracking of all new, and changed, operational or support software.
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Four (4) years of experience with development of advanced signals technology software and containerization tools.
- Four (4) years of experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle.
- Ability to be a self-starter, multitask in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- Six (6) years of experience with development of advanced signals technology software and containerization tools.
- Six (6) years of experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle
- Experience with Navy or DOD clients
- Have excellent team-oriented, team building, presentation, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field required; a Masters’ degree is preferred
This position requires a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.