: Journeyman Acquisition Manager
Full Time (Temporarily work remotely during the Coronavirus pandemic)
Washington, DC Area
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California and an office in the National Capital Region (Washington, DC area). Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
TRABUS is looking for a Journeyman Acquisition Manager
with a background in supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) and US Navy Integrated Warfare Systems (IWS). Our Journeyman Acquisition Manager
will be responsible for large or technically complex Acquisition activities such as acquisition plan development; total ownership cost reduction planning; and business process improvement within the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS). TRABUS is looking for an individual seeking to develop disruptive technologies, someone willing to go beyond expectations and make a true difference.
As our Journeyman Acquisition Manager
, your responsibilities will include:
- Determine the requirements and develop appropriate acquisition plans that will account for total ownership costs, sustainability and maintenance costs, and schedule.
- Research and ascertain ownership costs for current acquisition projects and determine effective methods to reduce total ownership costs.
- Improve existing business processes within PEO IWS as necessary and ensure program compliance across a broad spectrum of material procurement.
- Manage costs appropriately for all acquisition programs.
- Plan and resource appropriate procurements in accordance with baseline schedules and requirements.
- Develop relevant briefing materials with respect to acquisition lifecycle
- Work as a member of an acquisition team, and lead and mentor junior acquisition professionals on the team.
You will be a good fit if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- At least eight (8) years of experience as an Acquisition professional supporting DoD and/or Navy programs.
- Ability to evaluate new or revised acquisition plans or programs, and readily identify program deficiencies or non-compliance.
- A Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification or DAWIA Level I in Life Cycle Logistics.
You will be an even better fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- 10 years of experience as an Acquisition professional supporting DoD and/or Navy programs.
- A Masters degree in Business Administration, Management, or related discipline
- A Program Management Professional (PMP) or DAWIA Level III in Life Cycle Logistics.
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- BS or BA degree in the field of Business, Marketing, Accounting, Information Technology, or other related disciplines.
This position requires you to have a fully adjudicated Department of Defense Secret
clearance, and US Citizenship is required.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.