Position Title: Systems Engineer
Full Time position (contingent upon contract award)
Location: San Diego, CA (temporary work from home during the COVID-19 crisis)
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for Systems Engineers
, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. Our Systems Engineers
will support Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific Command and Intelligence Systems Division that provides systems engineering, development, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of U.S. Navy (USN), Joint, and National Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems. The Systems Engineers
will provide Command and Control (C2) systems integration and operational support to NIWC Pacific C2 programs, specifically the Maritime Tactical Command and Control (MTC2) system which is a US Navy Program of Record that allows commanders, and their staffs, to dynamically plan, direct, monitor, and assess maritime operations through the delivery of Maritme Planning Tools (MPTs) and Battle Management Aids (BMAs) to exercise C2 of Navy, joint, and coalition forces in the maritime domain.
the maritime domain. The Systems Engineers
will perform systems integration engineering to technically plan for, implement, and gain acceptance of C2 components and networks integrated into Navy, Joint and National C2 systems. TRABUS isn’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Systems Engineer
, your responsibilities will include a subset of the following:
- Provide system engineering services for Ashore and Afloat customers via distance support. Perform troubleshooting for issues and implementation of solutions for hardware, software, interfaces and networks for C4I products. These support efforts shall include the analysis, resolution, and documentation of operational system issues relating to the C4I products.
- Coordinate and manage activities supported throughout the SOW, including Casualty Report (CASREP) turnover, Deploying Group Systems Integration Testing (DGSIT) execution, software integration, System Operational Testing (SOT) execution, Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV) execution, and engineering support for technical design, engineering assessments, and system implementation associated with the GCCS-M installations on platforms during new construction and Refueling Complex Overhaul (RCOH). Coordination efforts shall include, but not be limited to, collaboration with the Fleet and Government to develop Plans Of Action and Milestones (POAMs) and assign resources, and preparation for support (e.g., travel arrangements, clearance requests, software delivery).
- Provide technical and engineering services to execute procedures for various shipboard systems to include MTC2 systems for several types of activities, such as DGSIT, SOT and Operational Command Support. Conduct integration and interoperability testing of the shipboard C4I systems and related interfaces while onboard the ship, and will include ship-to-ship systems interoperability.
- Perform software installation of various MTC2 systems onboard U.S. Naval vessels and sites. Installation shall be performed using the appropriate Installation Procedures (IPs) and applicable system and security updates. Install, configure, and trouble shoot C4I software to achieve fully operational system functionality. This will include systems operating on RedHat Linux 7/8 environment. During the installation phase, provide the ship’s force with system familiarity training, to include references for installing software, performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting the C4I systems. Conduct Post-Installation Training (PIT) at commands that receive C4I software builds.
- Provide systems engineering services to implement hardware and software changes, physical and logical interface modifications, and the installations’ connectivity.
You will be a good fit, if you have one of more of the following experience levels and qualifications/certifications:
- Desired two (2) years or demonstrable experience in installing, operating and testing with Maritime Tactical Command and Control (MTC2). RedHat Linux 7/8 environment
- DoD Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (DoD 8570.01-M) is required.
- One (1) - Three (3) years of experience installing, operating, and testing with C2 systems such as the GCCS FoS and Maritime Tactical Command and Control (MTC2).
- One (1) - Three (3) years of experience working in the RedHat Linux 7/8 environment.
- One (1) – Three (3) years experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS) policy development, test and deployment, security patch development, information assurance fixes, and security-related upgrades.
- One (1) - Three (3) years of experience with the following technologies:
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE), data tier, and Java Message Service (JMS).
- Java Web Services (e.g., JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAX-RPC, and Extensible Markup Language (XML) for Java.
- Java Security Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), general design patterns (e.g., model-view-controller, Enterprise Integration Patterns, core Java 2 Platform EE (J2EE) patterns).
- UNIX Shell Scripts, Perl, Java, and SQL for software package development.
- One (1) - Three (3) years of experience installing and configuring the following:
- Database Management System (DBMS) (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Data ingest services and microservices in container-based environments (e.g., OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Virtualization technologies (e.g., VMWare).
- Redhat Linux 7.6 and greater.
- Forge Rock Identity and Access Management System (IdAMS).
- Java Web Application Servers (e.g., JBOSS, Wildfly, TomCat).
- Cloud / Platform as a Service (PaaS) Environments (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure).
- Automated Deployment Tools (e.g., Ansible).
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in one of these areas:
- One (1) - Five (5) years of experience in C2 systems software integration, developmental testing, and operational testing support, specifically with MTC2 BMAs and MPTs.
- One (1) - Five (5) years of experience with system administration in Oracle Solaris 8 and greater, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and greater, and Microsoft Windows 7 and greater.
The following educational background is desired, but appropriate experience (above) outweighs the education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or other related discipline.
This position requires a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
TRABUS Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.