Position Title: Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS) System Administrator Instructor
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
TRABUS is looking for Senior and Mid-level GCCS Instructors
who will support the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific Command and Intelligence Systems Division which provides systems engineering, development, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of U.S. Navy (USN), Joint, and National Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems. The GCCS Instructor
positions require the practical knowledge to perform the training, installation, maintenance, and site support for the Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS) Family of Systems (FoS). TRABUS is looking for someone willing to go beyond expectations and make a true difference.
As our GCCS Instructor
, your responsibilities will include:
- Integrate, configure, implement, test, operate, and maintain GCCS-Maritime (GCCS-M) systems, and troubleshoot any software, interface, and network issues related to GCCS-M when they occur.
- Conduct System Administrator (SYSADMIN) or Operator training for the GCCS FoS in response to Fleet software installation/upgrades, which includes Post Installation Training (PIT), formal instructor-led SYSADMIN and Advanced Fleet Technical Support training at NIWC Pacific, Operator and/or Watch Officer training, and on-the-job training at USN Fleet Concentration Areas (FCAs).
- Update existing GCCS-M curricula, develop the training materials, and/or prepare, load, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot the GCCS-M Fly-away Kit (FAK) laptops.
- Travel as necessary to US Navy homeport concentration areas (CONUS and OCONUS) to conduct training
You will be a good fit if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- A successful history of task accomplishment
- Effective time management skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- One (1) year of experience conducting SYSADMIN, Operator, or Database Management (DBM) training in support of GCCS-M on-board USN Ships and Operational Command Centers.
- One (1) year of experience specific to GCCS-M Increment 2, which includes researching and data-mining technical repositories (REMEDY Trouble Ticket DB) and a thorough understanding of Casualty Reports (CASREPs).
- One (1) year of experience conducting SYSADMIN, Operator, and/or DBM Training specific to GCCS-M GL 4.1.
- One (1) year of experience conducting SYSADMIN or Operator and Watch Officer over the shoulder standup instruction and developing curriculum and updates specific to GCCS-M GL 4.1.
You will be an even better fit is you have experience in these areas:
- Three (3) years of experience conducting SYSADMIN, Operator, or DBM training specific to GCCS-M FL and GCCS-M GL and supporting/administering/troubleshooting Navy Command and Control Systems in a Technical Capacity, to include end-to-end C4I shipboard networks, sensors, and interfaces.
- Experience training in a Navy training environment; Master Training Specialist (9502 NEC) certification.
We desire that you have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) outweighs the education requirements:
- BS Degree in a technical field is desired, or equivalent experience and/or certifications may be substituted.
This position requires a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.