: Senior Software Engineer
Full Time (Temporarily work remotely during the Coronavirus pandemic)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
TRABUS is looking for a Senior Software Engineer
with experience in supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) and US Navy combat systems. Our Senior Software Engineer
will research, design, develop, and modify enterprise-wide systems and application software. They will plan system and development deployment and maintain responsibility for meeting software compliance standards. TRABUS is looking for an individual seeking to develop disruptive technologies, someone willing to go beyond expectations and make a true difference.
As our Senior Software Engineer
, your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze computer science, engineering, and other software engineering problems to develop and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system design and development issues, or network concerns.
- Perform software management and integration functions, improve existing computer systems, and review computer system capabilities, throughput, real-time processing limitations, Cybersecurity and software safety.
- Analyze commercially available, open source, government furnished and contractor furnished software.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Ensure project procedures and controls are followed, manage manning and staffing project efforts, and lead problem resolution efforts.
- Interface with system or program contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of the programs/projects.
You will be a good fit if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- At least ten (10) years of software engineering experience, performing software requirements analysis, software design, software coding, software integration and software testing.
- At least five (5) years of the ten (10) years of experience shall have consisted of performing software engineering functions for DoD Aircraft or Weapons System.
This position requires the following educational background:
- BS or BA degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering from a college program with ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.) certification. (Degree REQUIRED, an associate’s degree and additional years of experience cannot be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree)
This position requires you to have a fully adjudicated DoD Secret clearance
, and US Citizenship is required.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.