: Senior Systems Engineer (2)
Full Time (Temporarily work remotely during the Coronavirus pandemic)
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
TRABUS is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer
with a background in supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) and US Navy combat systems. Our Senior Systems Engineer
will support the development of information systems to include enterprise architecture and design system architectures to support present and future interface requirements. TRABUS is looking for an individual seeking to develop disruptive technologies, someone willing to go beyond expectations and make a true difference.
As our Senior Systems Engineer
, your responsibilities will include:
- Perform systems engineering duties in architecting, designing, integrating and testing aircraft and weapons systems.
- Conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of computer software and hardware to aircraft design and manufacture.
- Recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Ensure project procedures and controls are followed, manage manning and staffing project efforts, and lead problem resolution efforts.
- Interface with system or program contractors, vendors, and Government representatives regarding the technical aspects of the programs/projects.
You will be a good fit if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- At least ten (10) years of software engineering experience, performing software requirements analysis, software design, software coding, software integration and software testing.
- At least five (5) years of the ten (10) years of experience shall have consisted of performing software engineering functions for a Department of Defense (DoD) Aircraft or Weapons System.
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- BS or BA degree in the field of Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Systems Management, Cybersecurity, Mathematics, Physical Science, Physics, Statistics, Engineering Technology, Information Technology or Engineering.
This position requires you to have a Department of Defense Secret clearance
, and US Citizenship is required.
To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.