Position Title: Communications Systems Engineer
Full Time Position
San Diego, CA
Trabus Technologies (TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last five years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a Communications Systems Engineer, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. Our Communications Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering and technology support to a high technology wireless team. They will have a superior background in wireless 3G/4G technologies, including experience with CDMA, UMTS and LTE based systems, including devices and applications for voice and data. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Communications Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
· Support integration of communications platforms, including Software Defined Radio based systems and associated auxiliaries.
· Work independently, and as part of an innovative and skilled wireless technology team, to adapt to a changing project landscape, and learn new technologies to support team objectives. The candidate must be self-motivated and driven to solve difficult problems.
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
· Experience with wireless communications systems (CDMA, UMTS, LTE networks and standards) including familiarity with 3GPP and 3GPP2
· Experience with CDMA, UMTS, LTE network infrastructure, standards, signaling, devices and applications; and IETF protocols such as VOIP, SIP, RTP, TCP, UDP, IP
· Familiarity with web services protocols, such as HTTP, HTML, XML; and System design and requirements generation
· Familiarity with wireless communications development platforms, including GNU Radio
· Mobile platforms of interest include Linux, Android, iOS
· Demonstrated software and hardware systems expertise
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
· 12 years of experience in wireless systems development and deployment
· Knowledge and direct experience in MIMO signal detection and implementation.
· Familiarity with Matlab, Octave, C++, or other signal processing development tools
· At least 10 years of communications systems development experience
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
· B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or equivalent field
· However, an M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or another equivalent field would be preferred
This position requires a Department of Defense Secret clearance; however, an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility is preferred. To apply, go to http://www.trabus.com/careers-2/ and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws