Systems Engineer – Signal Processing
Full Time Position – San Diego, CA Location
Active or Recent Top Secret Security Clearance Required
Compensation Dependent on Experience and Education
TRABUS is seeking a highly-qualified candidate to join a dynamic and fast-paced research team exploring novel digital signal processing techniques and algorithm development. The position provides an opportunity to develop cutting-edge technologies that solve some of our nation's most critical national security challenges. The candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of SDR based software to solve very challenging communications problems. The candidate will be independent, able to adapt to a changing project landscape, and capable of applying theory in a practical setting.
· Develop demodulation and detection algorithms for detection, classification, and characterization of target signals, including Interference cancellation, equalization, cyclo-stationary techniques, cellular communications systems, modern modulation schemes, coding theory and techniques, geo-location concepts and techniques
· Develop proof-of-concept implementations for signal processing and communications projects
· Develop algorithms and statistical methods for analysis of a wide variety of data sources
· Develop advanced tracking and acquisition algorithms for field-acquired signal datasets
· Assist in the definition and execution of data acquisition field tests
· B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, or other equivalent field of discipline
· At least 5 years signal analysis and modern communications signals (e.g. spread spectrum) experience
· Strong understanding of digital signal processing and experience with modulation techniques (CDMA, SOQPSK, PCM/FM, OFDM, etc.), signal acquisition, demodulation, filtering and signal analysis.
· Demonstrated experience in signal analysis software development with expertise with several of the following software tools: C++, MATLAB, Python, GNU Radio, REDHAWK, X-Midas.
· Demonstrated capability in scientific programming with C, C++, MATLAB, Python, or similar high-level language on Windows and/or Unix/Linux.
· US citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, computer engineering, Applied Math, or other equivalent field of discipline
Job Type: Full-time