Position Title: Senior Networks Engineer
Full Time Position
San Diego, CA
(TRABUS) is a minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our company has been providing key solutions and unparalleled value in wireless technologies, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence to the federal government and private sector since 2010.
Our capabilities are widely diversified. From the development of emerging technologies that will revolutionize the wireless industry to engineering support services to the armed services, TRABUS is committed to solving real-world problems through technical innovation.
TRABUS has been recognized by “Inc. 5000” as one of the 5,000 fastest-growing, privately held small companies in the United States the last six years in a row. TRABUS is a dynamic, forward thinking business ready to engage in and overcome our customers’ challenges.
We are looking for a Networks Engineer and Administrator
, who can join our team and make an immediate impact through their creativity, enthusiasm and technical abilities. Our Networks Engineer
will support the Program Executive Officer Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) Shore and Expeditionary Integrated Program Officer (PMW 790), and Georgia Tech Research Institute’s (GTRI) San Diego Field Office (SDFO). The Networks Engineer
will provide network engineering and installation of the Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise Services (CANES) Maritime Operations Center (MOC) Variant (CMV) of the Virtual Secure Enclave (VSE) classified networks in US Navy fleet concentration areas (US and overseas). They will have experience in Cisco networks and installation, the ability to be flexible and solve real world problems in the field. We aren’t looking for someone who will simply go through the motions, but someone willing to go beyond expectations, do something important, and make a true difference.
As a Network Engineer and Administrator
, your responsibilities will include:
- Support the design, development, engineering and installation of the CMV and Virtual Secure Enclave.
- Work independently, and as part of an innovative and skilled installation team, adapting to a changing project landscape, and learn new technologies to support team objectives. The candidate must be self-motivated and driven to solve difficult problems.
You will be a good fit, if you have the following qualifications/certifications:
- IAT Level II in accordance with Department of Defense Instruction 8570.01M (Security+ or equivalent certification)
- Willing to support up to 30% travel including international travel
- Minimum 3 years Cisco networking experience
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing, and communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel
- Experience with infrastructure cabling; copper/fiber/patch panels
- Experience with performing installations at remote sites
- Experience in an Agile development environment, and familiar with the Atlassian tools used (for example, JIRA and Confluence)
You will be an even better fit, if you have experience in these areas:
- CCNA or other industry recognized network certification preferred
- Experience with TACLANE Hardware Encryption installation
We’d expect you to have the following educational background, but appropriate experience (above) may outweigh the education requirements:
- B.S. degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science and/or Programming, or another related technical discipline
This position requires a Department of Defense fully adjudicated Secret clearance.
To apply, go to Careers | Trabus Technologies
and click on “Current Openings”.
Trabus Technologies offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. Trabus is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.