Communications Systems Engineer
Full Time Position – San Diego, CA Location
Active or Recent Top Secret Clearance Required
Compensation Dependent on Experience and Education
TRABUS is seeking a highly-qualified and experienced engineering candidate to provide systems engineering and technology support to a high technology wireless team. The candidate will have a superior background in wireless 3G/4G technologies, including experience with CDMA, UMTS and LTE based systems, including devices and applications for voice and data. Experience or familiarity with different mobile OS platforms desired, as well as understanding of cellular and IETF protocols. The candidate will also support integration of communications platforms, including Software Defined Radio based systems and associated auxiliaries. The candidate will be independent, be able to adapt to a changing project landscape, and capable of learning new technologies to support team objectives. The candidate must be self-motivated and driven to solve difficult problems.
- Wireless communications systems (CDMA, UMTS, LTE networks and standards)
- Familiarity with 3GPP, 3GPP2
- CDMA, UMTS, LTE network infrastructure, standards, signaling, devices and applications
- IETF protocols such as VOIP, SIP, RTP, TCP, UDP, IP
- Familiarity with web services protocols, such as HTTP, HTML, XML
- System design and requirements generation
- Knowledge and direct experience in MIMO signal detection and implementation.
- Familiarity with wireless communications development platforms, including GNU Radio
- Familiarity with Matlab, Octave, C++, or other signal processing development tools is desired.
- Mobile platforms of interest include Linux, Android, iOS
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or other equivalent field
- At least 10 years of communications systems development experience
- Demonstrated software and hardware systems expertise
- Maintenance of a US government Secret level or higher security clearance is required – An active TS/SCI clearance is highly desirable
- Experience with FPGA design
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or other equivalent field
- 12 years of experience in wireless systems development and deployment
To apply, visit http://trabus.com/career-opportunities/